Travelling has been mostly associated with recreation, and its educational dimension is often overlooked. This camp engages the participants in thematic research and create a culture of “learning while travelling” while promoting cultural tolerance and understanding and enhancing the knowledge on global issues through local immersions. Running since 2006 LwT is a yearly program.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CAMP
- Develop the culture of “learning while travelling”
- Take youth outside their comfort zone (culturally and academically) and challenge their limits and knowledge
- Create cultural tolerance and understanding
- Expose the participants on global issues and relate to local communities.
- Reports/Documentary/photographs on different thematic issues
- Participants familiarize with different skills like team work, leave no trace, intercultural awareness, travel management, social entrepreneurship, climate change, tourism and development
- Exposure to Himalayan culture, society and geography
- Inculcation of “learning while travelling” habit
- Develop cultural understanding among the participants that will last belong the camp duration.
Contact us for the next trip.